Founder, Jon McWhorter, has over 20 years of experience in treating individuals, couples and families. He is a certified marriage and family therapist, successful in helping clients through many different issues. Jon McWhorter also specializes in talk therapy, TFT, EFT, DBT and many other therapeutic modalities. His first goal in therapy is to create a safe environment in which you will learn new skills to manage your real life problems. Jon helps you to feel comfortable discussing your issues so that, together, we can create a plan to get your life on track again.
He excels in working with difficult issues, troubled teens, and families in distress, and often provides counsel for other therapists who feel lost.
A few of his accreditations include:
- Three years’ experience at Charter Hospital running their Intensive Outpatient Program for addiction treatment
- Five years at SD Job Corps counseling troubled teenagers.
- Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress with advanced training in EMDR and Cognitive Therapy.
- Helped the kids at Santana and Grossmont High after the shootings, with Ground Zero survivors, with survivors of Katrina and with the October fires, to name just a few.
- Volunteer with the Red Cross Mental Health team in San Diego to give something back to community.
Call Psychotherapist Referral Network today to schedule an appointment.